Sunday, February 1, 2009

it's not a cold, c'est la grippe

OK, so it's not a cold. We have the flu...aches and pains and lethargy. I stayed home from work 2 days, skipped my runs for 4 days, and slept a lot! I'm still weak, and so is Rebecca, who is probably 5 days ahead of me with this bug.

Today I was back on the road (running) but only for about 25 minutes, followed by a quick stop at the grocery store for eggs and a stop at the boulangerie for some bread.


Then I worked with Griffin to bake Rebecca's birthday cake, while Zander and Rebecca made cookies for Z's school teacher--her birthday is the 2nd as well. Griffin is pictured here greasing the pan before I flour it. He's a very patient and cooperative helper. It's really amazing--I never bake except for Rebecca's birthday, but she loves to and so the kids are learning a lot about how to follow a recipe. He's patient enough to sit and wait as I measure out each cupful or spoonful of ingredients, then he dumps it into the bowl. He pays enough attention that I can later ask him if we added any specific ingredient (flour, baking soda, baking powder)--and he knows whether we added it or not. It's so cute! He's also pretty good at mixing without spilling, and didn't try to steal even one taste of batter (good thing, since it has wheat in it).

Today the kids wrapped their home-made presents for mommy, then later they noticed it was snowing outside--so they played out front for a bit. They're getting old enough they basically got themselves dressed and could play without much supervision. The snow was only a dusting, but they could pack it into snowballs so it was fun. I think this is only our second snowfall of the winter.

No comments:

Followers

Contributors


hit counter