Monday, February 9, 2009

25 things about me...

This was a facebook assignment that my friend Catherine tagged me with - but it was fun to do so I thought I would post it here as well:



1. My favorite after school snack as a child was saltine crackers with strawberry jam and Goulden's mustard. This was closely followed by same crackers with liverwurst and mustard (which I still like today)

2. My biggest pet peeve is people who drop trash on the ground.

3. When I got married, my husband took my last name. This has caused us annoying red tape type problems for 10 years - right up until today when he can't get his carte de sejour (French green card) approved!

4. I am the only left handed person in my immediate family - a bit sad that none of my 3 kids ended up lefties.

5. I fenced competitively in college.

6. I was the lead for the 8th grade school play - Cinderella Revisited.

7. I haven't gotten a haircut for over 4 years.

8. I associate food with love.

9. I sing full length songs to my children almost every night before bed: Zander, So This is Love, Callie, The Rose or Ain't no Mountain High Enough and Griffin, Castle on a Cloud or Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

10. I hope to someday take voice lessons.

11. All my kids' middle names start with E - as does mine.

12. I am looking foward to age 47 - when all my 3 children will be 18 or older.

13. I have no idea what I am going to be doing with my life once I stop staying at home full time.

14. Until I moved to France, I read between 1 and 2 novels per week. I've only read an average of 1 per month since being here.

15. I admit it, I love trashy romance.

16. I started out Roman Catholic, dabbled in atheism, converted to mormonism, became unitarian universalist and now embrace some sort of neo-paganistic/agnostic spirituality.

17. I sleep an average of 8 hours per night.

18. I am having a very hard time learning how to speak French.

19. I hate it when people hold grudges - and I hate it even more when people are mad at you and don't tell you or even worse than that is when they don't tell you but do talk bad about you behind your back.

20. I have a love/hate relationship with television.

21. I really enjoy arts and crafts - especially anything messy.

22. Mr. Softee soft chocolate ice cream cone dipped in chocolate shell - the ultimate!

23. Every morning my whole family snuggles together between 15 minutes and 1/2 hour - the best time of the day.

24. Between Jan 1st and the end of summer 2009, I will have: lived in Besancon France and have visited: Mt. Chamonix, France, Milan Italy, Brugge and Brussels Belgium, Lausanne and Geneva, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Paris France, Versailles France, EuroDisney, Philadelphia PA, Mt. Sinai NY, Seaford DE, Bloomfield, NJ, Washington DC and hopefully southern France for a long weekend. Also plans to do other things in the fall!

25.I am overly obsessed with my blog at http://www.blunderingbesancon.blogspot.com/


Hope you've learned something new and exciting! Rebecca

1 comment:

Deb Tross said...

hey - you didn't say you were going to visit Frederick or Middletown MD..true not in the same category as Milan or Paris but still...

Followers

Contributors


hit counter