Saturday, April 10, 2010

Carnival 2010

Resized_HPIM5367 We went, once again this year, to the Carnival parade downtown.  ZanResized_HPIM5366der didn’t want to go this year, but we made him.  Of course, once we got there, he was thrilled and refused to leave until the last shred of confetti had floated to the ground.  You know, I used to hate it when I was a kid and my parents told me ‘you don’t know what’s good for you!’ but now, I think it’s true sometimes!  Also, I am grateful I have three kids.  I think they learn that, sometimes, they don’t get what they might want since they are overruled by the other people in the family.  With only one child, this would be harder.  So, Callie and Griffin got dressed up again and we headed over. We saw lots of neat bands and floats and, once again (see last year) got inundated with confetti!  It was a bit rainy and actually pretty cold but the kids didn’t seem to mind a bit.   Here are some shots….

 Resized_HPIM5372 Resized_HPIM5373 Resized_HPIM5402Resized_HPIM5376 Resized_HPIM5381 Resized_HPIM5386 Resized_HPIM5388 Resized_HPIM5391 Resized_HPIM5400 Resized_HPIM5398

Resized_HPIM5395  Resized_HPIM5404    Resized_HPIM5406

Resized_HPIM5412On the way home we passed lots of confetti filled streets anResized_HPIM5407d a couple of my favorite storefronts in Besancon.  (Photo left).  The first store, under the overhang, is called A l’Olivier – and it sells, you’ve guessed it – OLIVES!  About a million different kinds – so yummy and, of course, I like the play on words since Olivier is one of our most favorite French names (and French people!)   The second store front is a TAXIPHONE. I don’t know what that is, actually, but the thing I like about it is that the poster- splattered-wall topped by neon yellow letters, is crowned by the lovely ancient statue of the Virgin.  That’s Europe in a nutshell, folks…..

No comments:

Followers

Contributors


hit counter