Thursday, January 15, 2009

1000 visits - oh my!

OK - we started tracking how many people visit our site about 2 months ago - and we are now up over 1000 hits. (You can see the counter at the bottom of the blog)

I know, Google probably gets like, one million hits per second or something, and lots of the hits might be bots or mistakes (or me, obsessively checking if anyone left comments) but still - there have been probably at least 500 times that somebody came to see our little blog and that's pretty cool if you ask me. Who knew our lives would be so interesting to people.

We get this analytical report each week about who is reading it, and where they come from. I'm sure you are dying to know as well so the short version is that 10-15 unique users seem to check the blog daily and they come from the US (mostly Philly), France (mostly Besançon, but we have a dedicated- and mysterious- Paris contingent) and from the UK and New Zealand too. How international! They stay an average of 2-4 minutes per visit....

The question it doesn't answer is why? But I guess it is just to keep up with our blundering ways....

Anyway, just wanted to say THANKS - I love that people read this blog. It is comforting for me to know, that, on any given day, somewhere out there, someone (or 10) is reading about us, caring about us, and giving us a bit of their precious, scarce, free time.

Today I think my theme song should be from An American Tail - Somewhere Out There: (original Fievel version only please - that is the plaintive tone we are going for here)
"And even though I know how very far apart we are, it helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star, and when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome, lullaby, it helps to think we're sleepin' underneath the same big sky!"

1 comment:

RMD said...

Beckie! Add a reader in California to your list of fans! I'm so glad we reconnected so I can keep up with your adventures on the blog. It's really fun to read! I hear the same ambitious, enthusiastic and honest voice I knew from high school - plus kids, hubby and 10+ years of life experience... I totally admire you guys for taking such a courageous leap. Your kids might not know it now, but they are super-lucky to have such a dedicated mom and these amazing experiences.
Eagerly awaiting the next installment,
~~Raquel

Followers

Contributors


hit counter