1. This is my Grandpa’s chair but me and Callie and Griffin love to sit in it to watch TV.
2. This is my Grammie and my little brother – that’s how they watch TV.
3. This is the dock that my Grandpa made. The sea bike that my Grandpa owns, which it’s like that I own it since it is the boat that I always go on.
4. This is Hearn’s Pond – that I always go on, on the sea bike.
5. This is the canoe that my Grammie and my Grandpa own. We are eating in the canoe. Do you wonder how we are stopping? Well, there is this big weight – it’s a big metal weight and it’s attached to a rope and you let it carefully down – since if you just let go of it it can get stuck at the bottom. The first time it didn’t, but the second time I let it down in the middle of the lake very, very, slowly but then it got stuck. We were rocking the boat back and forth – try, try, try, rock rock, rock - then POP! Luckily, the boat didn’t flip upside down. But before we went back home we washed the weight in the water.
6. On the very same trip we saw a heron.
7. This is the place. It’s strange out there. They are not at all like the Americans. They are like, OK, its time to find my friend. And then they say, “Hmmm…. I guess that he’s not here. I guess I’ll go inside.”
8. This is the place where there a little ramp that Callie and Griffin always go up and down, up and down. I used to like to do it too but now I like to go around the whole entire area.
9. This is my bike, with me zooming by.
10. This is Griffin Emil Dhondt in his bed. He is almost in his bed, but I think in a couple of hours he will be out of the room, sleeping on the floor. Because he always moves in his sleep.
11. This Callie’s charm that Grandpa gave her – she kept it up there on her bed – but it wasn’t very safe up there – because whenever I would roll it would fall.
12. This is Lilou which Callie made a necklace with her but her head is a little too big to put it on.
13. This is the Alps which there is barely any glaciers because they are all melting. We climbed up 890 steps to see the melted glacier. They are melting because the globe is changing. I betcha it was a lot more beautiful when everything was all ice. But it’s still pretty beautiful.
14. This is a steep tram. It was not that scary to go up. It was alot scarier to go down – because when you look it looks like you are going straight down – but I couldn’t really get that picture. I bet you if I jumped off the tram I would go bang. I wonder they would stop the tram if anybody fell out – they would stop they would call an ambulance and they wouldn’t go down after us – because how would they get down??? They would have to jump. Why don’t they have a parachute? Because it wouldn’t have time to open and they would just go oooooohhh – squash!
15. This is a fountain in Strasbourg. Sa c’est une fountaine du Strasbourg.
17. Sa c’est un catedral que on alles quand on néte on Strasbourg. On allez presque le plus haut de la catedral avec Olivier et Nadine.
18-19- This is a big grate in the floor of the church and people throw money down inside it. Like, um even 100 dollars! It’s crazy. I think those people must love the church a lot. I wish they would lift up the cover of the giant grate over the giant pot of money so I could take a big picture of the entire thing. There were only teensy spaces to put the camera in. I had to take like 20 pictures to get 2 good ones. Maybe sometimes there is a big tour and it gets filled up to the top. I betcha that must have happened. Why don’t they, every time a piece of money falls in, why don’t they take it out? If I was a bad guy I would probably get a fishing rod and I would take all the billets out – I would take a stick and stir it around to make sure there were no more billets left. Then I would get a big strong magnet clang, clang, clang, and put it all in my money sack, until it was all gone. Then they would come back the next day and say – whoa! Where is all the money? He could hide, like in one of their sculptures and maybe dress up all in white to look like a statue.
20. This is an army museum – not a ship anymore. A floating museum about armies. I think it’s cool that it’s actually an army boat that it is a A museum about a plane should actually be in a plane. But you can’t fit planes in planes. But we didn’t get to go in it. I wanted to but we didn’t get to go in.
21. This is a man that I had no idea how it works, but it’s like if you were actually there – you would be a lot more impressed because his glasses are not hanging by a string – they are floating in the air. and when you look at his shoes – there is a blank spot and then his shoes – not like there is a rope there. You can put your hand there and there is nothing. It is hard to hold his hand. Good thing he has gloves.
22-30- These are pictures of London. We went on the river and walking in the city. We also went on a double decker bus.
I think you are all made of potato chips and I think I could crunch you up! Love, Zander.